New Breakouts for Trend Following Traders: PATK, INCY

Out of the perhaps 10,000 stocks that one can invest in, my scans have reduced that number to about 200 potential candidates.   Out of those 200, here are the 2 that I like the best:



The stock above, just like the general market, is in a short-term up trend as well as a long-term uptrend. At a minimum, that is needed before I can buy a stock, but there are hundreds of stocks that can meet that basic criteria.  It is my scans that narrow down the hundreds of stocks to just a few.

The next stock:


The stock above has just broken out to a new high and has pulled back to support. A very nice looking chart in my opinion.  I do own a piece of INCY through my current holding, the ETF IBB.

Lastly, VXX, the exchange traded fund that I wanted to short last week, was down over 6% this week and still looks prime for shorting:


I will be purchasing PATK on the open on Monday.   I will be risking 2% of my capital on this trade.