Greek ETF, Natural Gas Show Strength

According to my written rules, I cannot add any new positions to my account.   I've got 7 positions open and a double short on VXX, which is the most risk that I can accept.  Therefore, I didn't run my scans this weekend, but I will post some major trend changes of note.

I go through about 200 ETFs each weekend and this newer ETF caught my eye this week.  Although the fund is still in a long term down trend, that could change soon if the short term trend continues:




































Also, another ETF that is showing a lot of short-term strength is the natural gas ETF, UNG:


Any trend follower should have avoided buying this as the trend has been down for ages, losing 95% of its value since its high.   Personally, I would prefer never buying such an ETF, as I prefer to gain long exposure to a commodity by shorting an ultra short ETF.

There is an ultra short natural gas ETF, ticker symbol KOLD:


Chronic money losers such as VXX, ZSL, GLL, FAS, FAZ etc... will be be charted in black to indicate that they are short candidates only for me.   Just as two negatives equal a positive, shorting a short ETF means that one would benefit if the underlying commodity rose.