Market Moves Back to Green Light

The short-term trend of the market shifted to up this week.  Now that the trend is up, I am given the green light to go ahead and buy stocks again.


With the benefit of hindsight, I would have been better off just holding stocks through this most recent correction, but I have no regrets, as I followed the rules of my system.

As Trader Steve noted, it has been a difficult, choppy year for trend followers.  Although this year was not particularly conducive to trend followers, I feel that it is important to accept and be grateful for whatever the market gives you.

Anyway, here are two stocks that I think look strong this week:


The stock above is making a new all time high after going through, what I consider to be, a lengthy consolidation.   I'll be buying this stock tomorrow as well as closing out my position in TLT.



This stock above, which is clearly in an uptrend, is also looking strong to me.

Lastly, to add to my post last week, here is another trend following ETF, but one that follows gold: