PowerShares Double Short Base Metals (BOM)

This is a fund that performs inversely to an index that tracks the price of aluminum, copper, and zinc, by a factor of 2 to 1. So, for example, if the price of these base metals fall on average by 2%, then this fund should rise by approximately 4%.

With the price of base metals crashing over the last 8 months, this fund has done quite well. As a trend follower, I try to keep my eye on as many sectors and asset classes as possible so that I can spot profitable trends.

I am willing to trade anything so long as that it is in a trend. It doesn't matter to me if it is the Japanese Yen, or US Treasuries, the price of Platinum, or anything else; if it is in a trend then it is on my radar screen.


Currently, I would not buy this fund, as it is trading below its 50dma. But I will keep my eye on this fund to see if the trend continues, or if there will be money to be made on the downside.

For more information, you can refer to the issuer's information page.