United States Gasoline Fund (UGA)

This week's ETF, ticker symbol UGA, follows the price of gasoline. According to the fund's site, it is designed to follow gasoline's daily percentage changes on a one to one basis. With an MER of 0.6%, it seems like a practical way for the average investor to acquire exposure to this commodity:


I have noticed that, for whatever reason, the price of gasoline is performing much more strongly than the price of crude oil (ETF ticker symbol USO), as the next chart shows.



What I like to do in my own trading account is to create hedges using two commodities. What I would consider doing in this case is buying UGA, and short selling USO. Doing so would allow me to profit in the event that:

Gasoline rises faster than crude oil (like it's doing now)
Gasoline falls more slowly than crude oil
Gasoline rises, and crude oil falls (ideal, but unlikely situation)