Calaway Golf (ELY)

I did 2 trades this week, both in the first few minutes of trading on Monday:

  • Sold ASIA (Hard stop hit, luckily without much skid)
  • Shorted ELY

Well, another stock perished as a result of further selling on Monday. Fortunately, I shorted ELY immediately afterward, and this helped to mitigate some of my losses.

I now feel that the stock market has entered a sideways trend, and the buyers and sellers are at about equal strength (for now). Interestingly, my system has caused my portfolio to be partially long and partially short, which I think makes sense in a trendless market.

Here is how my stock account looks going into next week:


  • Long BDD
  • Long CAKE
  • Long CSC
  • Short ELY
  • Long EWA
  • Short NPBC
  • Long OCN
  • Long RHT
  • Short VLO


Anyway, here is a look at the newest addition to my stock account:


Thanks for reading.