MDS Inc. (MDS.to)

I did these trades this week:

  • Covered BLUD (This test position helps confirm my view that the market is strong)
  • Sold U.to (Hard stop hit. Stock has not been able to close above its open for 12 consecutive days)
  • Sold RBI.to (Hard stop hit. Good process that resulted in bad outcome)

I made money every day this week, except for Wednesday, but Wednesday's commodity sell off was severe enough to result in me being down for the week as a whole. Considering the general market rose for the week, this is a poor performance.

I am not going to try to find any additional long candidates at this point. I am now long 9 stocks, and buying new stocks I do not think will add very much marginal diversification.

If the market continues to rally next week, I will plow new margin back into my existing stocks.

If the market falls next week, my weakest longs will get stopped out, and I will replace them with shorts. Finding short candidates is still difficult, but this week's post has identified the weakest stocks in the market right now.

Some of the stocks identified are in sideways trends, but, in my opinion, a stock that is in a sideways trend when you have a market that is up 40% is still a weak stock from a relative strength perspective.

Here are the positions I am holding going into next week:

  • Long ASIA
  • Long BDD
  • Long CAKE
  • Long CSC
  • Long ELNK
  • Long EWA
  • Long OCN
  • Long RHT
  • Long STEC







Anyway, I would consider shorting this stock if it made a new low: