Jack Schwager Interview

Last weekend, I stumbled upon an interesting interview of Jack Schwager by the Financial Sense News Hour. Jack Schwager is, of course, the author of the Market Wizards series of books, which I consider absolutely essential reading.

One great dilemma I find when it comes to trading books is that the traders that are the most successful, tend to be the least likely to bother to take the time to write a book. Put another way, if you are a trader working with, say, 100 million dollars in the market, why write a book revealing your technique?

In my opinion, this is a very major catch-22, and contributes to making learning how to trade successfully quite difficult. And this is why I believe that Schwager's books are so interesting, as they shed light on traders who otherwise would be still be unheard of today.