Commodity ETFs are Going Up

The market's uptrend continued this week.  Following my rules, some positions were liquidated and these closed trades have been recorded in a spreadsheet that is available in my links section.  

I feel that it is very important to write down all closed trades for one's records. If not, traders will tend to remember their good trades and repress their bad trades from their memories.   Because much can be learned from past mistakes, it is essential to record all trades for future review. 

In addition to closing out a couple of stocks, I added to one position, my short of VXX, as shown by the chart below:


My stock trading strategy involves two components. The first component is buying stocks that are making new highs (buy high).  The second, and equally important, component is shorting or selling stocks that are making new lows (sell low).  

Anyway, here are three commodities that are going up this week:


Although rather illiquid for my tastes, I continue to like the ETF above that follows the price of Cocoa. Notice, too, that the 100 day moving average has just supplanted the 150 day moving average - a bullish development in my view. 

Next up, we have a an ETF that follows the price of grains:


The ETF above provides exposure to three commodities that, individually, all look technically strong: corn, soybeans and wheat.  Blended together, the resultant mix also looks strong, as logically one would expect.   Other ETFs that are similar, but have somewhat different blends of agricultural commodities are:  DBA, and RJA

Lastly, the price of crude oil is currently going up.   An Ultra ETF that goes down when Crude goes up is SCO.   Like all ultra ETFs, SCO is very good at eroding in value and is a short candiate only: