Trend Trading the Forex Market, SNA

A fairly quiet week for the general market this week - the S&P 500 was up about half of one percent.   Other markets, however, really moved this week.   Let's take a look at a few currency ETFs.

One great thing about being a trend following trader is that I don't have to be an expert on one market sector in order to trade it.   For example, I traded a US Bond ETF last month, yet I know nothing about US Bonds.  I also know nothing about the Euro, but I believe that trend followers can make more money trading it than any "expert" can.



It is possible to trade currencies even if you don't have a currency trading account through ETFs.  The ETF above rises when the Euro falls and has just hit a new high.  The above chart shows that the Euro has been weaker than the US Dollar.

The way I see it is that the US Dollar is also weak, it is just that the Euro is even weaker.

If you pair the Euro against a currency that is actually strong, such as the Australian dollar, the chart becomes even more impressive:



My analysis shows that the Australian Dollar is the world's strongest currency right now.  My analysis also shows that the Euro is the world's weakest currency.  Therefore, the AUD/EUR should naturally be in a major uptrend, which it is.

For those of you who are interested in trend trading the forex market, please check out this article I wrote a while back.  For those of you just interested in stock trading, here is the best stock my scans found this week: